[Tigers] FIller neck vent question

Dave Munroe dave at munroe.ca
Mon Mar 31 16:48:23 MDT 2014

....and to this good advice Jim, let me add this: I had a persistent rattle
in my Tiger from the day I bought it for about 5 years that just about drove
me crazy. It was in the right rear of the car, and seemed to be related to
suspension movement. It dogged me until I stripped the interior of the car
and the boot to fit new carpet.

Between the rear wall of the boot and the rear wall of the soft top stowage
area there is a cavity through which runs the hose that joins the filler
neck with the left side fuel tank. While cleaning out the crud and dust in
this cavity in the area above the right side leaf spring, I accidently
lifted that hose and when it dropped - lo an behold - my elusive rattle!
Happy days!

So when you install that hose, be sure and install those clips and make sure
there is no loose spot where that dang hose can rattle. You wil be glad you
did.

Dave
B382000450