[Tigers] Trailers

Chris Thompson chris at cthompson.net
Thu May 8 17:44:27 MDT 2014

Nobody seems to have really answered you.  The answer is it depends.

What is your planned tow vehicle?  If it's lightweight, like an F150 or
similar, you probably want a lightweight open trailer, made from
aluminum if you're going long distances or up and down the mountains.
Saves a bit on gas, but more important, saves on the tow vehicle.
Preserves its value better, too.

If you're not going long distances, or up and down the mountains to the
east of you, a heavier, cheaper, trailer will suffice.  That's what I've
got, made by Leonard, as I never have towed for more than about two
hours (and use an F250).

You say shows, so you may well want an enclosed trailer to keep the car
better protected and looking sharp.  It can then act as extra garage
space, too, since it looks like you may need it form your list of cars.

Need a bit more information as to your needs....

Chris
B38200331

I'm working on a few Tigers and would like the groups opinion on
trailers.
I just need to haul one at a time to and from shops and eventually
to shows.
I've noticed most the car haulers have fenders that would interfere
with doors, so that is an issue.
Not sure about what else I should be looking
at.
Both open and closed trailers are open for discussion.
Thanks
Brian

Brian
Glenn