[Tigers] Engine paint

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Fri May 16 11:46:23 MDT 2014

Next time I am over in Las Vegas with some time to kill, I will drop in at
Shelby American as see if they remember what color their original 260 cobra
engines were painted when received from ford if this will help to resolve
what seems to be an unanswerable question.

And failing that, why doesn't this body of Tiger owners get with the rest of
the clubs and so forth and make a best guess determination as to what can be
considered right and proper.  Especially since most of the true knowledge
has died off and left no real trace evidence establishing correct colors.
Or since there does not seem to be a universally accepted body that defines
such, then any color in the ranges should be accepted as definitive for
collection and restoration purposes, don't ya think?

Larry

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile