[Tigers] Was how to remove spark plugs - now plug wires

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Sun May 18 18:03:53 MDT 2014

So, changing the plugs was not a big deal.  Sure, it took some time, and I had
to swap wrenches and extensions, etc.  But not what I was worried about.

I did find that the front passenger side plug needed a thin walled socket to
get in there.

The plugs all looked pretty good, after all that.

BUT, I did find that one plug wire had some serious rust INSIDE at the tip of
the plug.  Actually, it was the tip of the plug that was rusted.  These are
MSD wires with some substantial rubber boots.  So, I'm assuming some moisture
was trapped in there when the plugs were put in.

The other thing I discovered while inspecting the wires, especially the one
that had the rust in it, is that the tips do NOT make a good snap on fit.
You'd think that for fancy MSD brand wires, it would be a substantial click
in, with pressure holding them touching.

So I'm going with a new brand now.  I don't know which one.  But, not MSD.