[Tigers] Gas Tank Vent Hose

Jim McLaughlin jimmc13 at socket.net
Wed Aug 5 10:28:11 MDT 2015

Joel:
I am not sure if I can help, however my 1966 Tiger had a vent hose that was
routed through the two layers of body sheet metal behind the convertible
top.  It was hard to route the new hose in through this area.  The old hose
was so hard it broke into several pieces.  The important thing is there were
hose clamps already installed which were very hard to remove, I reused
these, but I have to tell you that I still get gas vapors in the trunk and
they smell terrible.  Now I know that the gas tank nipples onto which the
hose is connected thermally expand and contract at quite a different rate
than the hose.  Oh and I used gas line hose because it is has a thicker wall
and is reinforced.  I do not remember what that clamps looked like, but I
remember them being like item 20 on page UA1 of the Alpine Parts manual.
Jim McLaughlin
B382000175LRXFE