[Tigers] Outside Rear view mirrors

Joel Martin jmartiniii at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 12:30:26 MDT 2015

1966 Tiger MK 1A
As exterior mirrors were dealer installed items, I guess they could be anything.  The Sunbeam 'accessory' catalog lists a 'EasyFit chrome plated AC610 flat LH, H 119755 mirror which looks like what came off my car but it is pitted like crazy.  The hole centers in the drivers door are 3.5" wide.  Any one heard of these - are any replacements available?
LAT 69 Racing mirrors were flat 4.5" face and I read were heavy chrome plated brass N.Y. 4088.  Were these the Talbot Berlin 300 JR or SR?  Talbot sells a extended base with mounting hole center of 3.5".  Pretty pricey set up.
Anyone have a 3.5" hole center brand that they like and are reasonable?
I see a few cars with Lucas style thin necks but cannot find any hole center dimensions or who makes one other than SS which has 1.8" hole centers.
Thoughts, opinions on 3.5" hole center mirror option would be appreciated that would be considered correct or period correct for our cars.
Regards
Joel Martin