[Tigers] Over Engineered Soft Top

Joel Martin jmartiniii at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 07:38:07 MDT 2015

Well, we started on the soft top frame for the 66 Mk 1A.  Would you say this is a over engineered, complicated set up?
The tension cable and retainer spring, which I have neither, where does the retaining spring attach to?  The from collar, I believe attached to the Peak rail.  Are there 2 tension cable, one on either side?
The peak rail or header rail looks to have a notch in the center with several holes to hold something here - what?  The Rootes manual section O body does not show anything.
The cover plate, RH and LH, - are they suppose to be machinery grey painted like the frame or chrome as received from SS?
Are there any good write ups with pictures on soft top frame and top installation?  I have not been able to find anything.
Pictures on the entire top set up would be greatly appreciated.  My little 3 stop light town does not even know what a Sunbeam is other than a blender, so going to look is not possible.
Regards
Joel Martin