[Tigers] Over Engineered Soft Top

Joel Martin jmartiniii at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 22 16:43:59 MDT 2015

Thanks Ron
It appears this was a 'canvas or cotton fabric' tan strap 2" wide by about 10" long from the 1st stay to the back 2nd stay attached with the 2 rivets and the small metal part, which I found but the fabric will need to be replaced.
My question is the header rail to the 1st stay, which looks to be about 36" long.  This would make this a 2 piece strap.  The 1st stay would have basically 4 wraps here, one from header to 1st stay and then 1st stay to back or 2nd stay.  Does this sound right?
Also the 1st stay was covered in foam then wrapped with grey fabric over almost the entire stay??
I am going with the old covers painted machine grey and send the SS chrome versions back.
The cantail velcro will have to be made by upholstery shop.
Getting closer on this.
Thanks again.
Joel Martin

Message1st picture Metal part on bow    2nd pic - header Metal partlength = 1.95"width = .5"thickness = .050"material - steel Ron