[Tigers] Big problem

Jerry Mo Christopherson JCMC2006 at suddenlink.net
Mon Aug 31 11:49:00 MDT 2015

List

Saw something disturbing a month or so ago.  On my way to a local "Cruise
Night" at a burger shop, l passed an early Datsun 1600 (could have been the
2000) that was on the side of the road, the left rear wheel had fallen off.
It was clear all four lug nuts had  sheared off.  That got me thinking about
our very old measly 7/16 studs and high powered (300+HP) engines.  Does
anybody know the number of a particular 7/16 TRW stud that works on our
flimsy little hubs without stretching the holes??  Most of the ones I have
looked at the "knurling" on the base is much larger than the Knurling on the
stock studs.  Pressing them in would certainly cause a lot of stress in an
already weak part.  Drilling the hubs out so they would fit would be
counterproductive.  Machining the Knurling down would work, but again
counterproductive in my opinion.

Any ideas??

Jerry Christopherson

9473187