[Tigers] HISTORIES ECHOS - BANGERS & MASH

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Fri Aug 12 10:14:03 MDT 2016

Sorry to see the passing of a Rootes employee so involved with the Tiger.

I never held much stock in the "big bruiser of a man" comment but who of us
did not see that big man swinging the hammer in our minds eye after reading
those lines.   It's a wonderfully catchy story line and one that will
probably never go away.  We can only smile and sigh.

You can't do production numbers by waiting for the big bruiser to mall the
transmission tunnel.  You would need all the Rugby players in the UK on
staff to meet production numbers.  The only time I can think of a big
bruiser swinging the big mallet would be in the Experimental department when
they were experimenting.   Actually it does not take a big bruiser to swing
a big hammer unless it's a 20 lb. sledgehammer.

Production numbers are accomplished by engineering the correct parts and the
correct jigs for the transmission tunnel.  I would think Royden saw to that.

Ron Fraser