[Tigers] HISTORIES ECHOS - BANGERS & MASH

Gary garywinblad at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 20:55:47 MDT 2016

In a Tiger garage long, long ago, a
lone young used Tiger owner was
examining his engine compartment
to figure out why the steering
geometry of his newly acquired used
car was so... BAD.  OMG he said
when he found an obviously damaged
section of his frame rail just in front of
the engine mount...  "this thing has been
wrecked!". Luckily he didn't freak and sell
the thing in 1971 and later found out that
all Tigers have this crude "damage".   Does
anyone else think that maybe this "careful
hand workmanship" could have been the
origin of the "big mate with the sledgehammer"?
I have never built an Alger but I bet a small guy
with a claw hammer could do the same mod...
I'll shut up if you guys tell me it was done with
precision factory jigs to enable the incredible
production schedule...
Gary

Sent from my iPhone