[Tigers] Tool Kit Components and a couple of other things....

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Aug 22 18:42:20 MDT 2016

Ok, so my stewardship of B9471136 has been going on for lemme see, about 49
years now (can that be right? Bought in very early 1967 and it is now 2016..
But, in that time, some tool kit items have gone walkabout. Jumped ship so
to speak.

So my tool kit now has 4 open end wrenches, one spark plug socket, one pair
of pliers with wire cutter, one knave plate removal tool and a ratty pouch.
I know I am missing the tommy bar, a pair of screw drivers with wooden
handles and the ignition set. Oh and I still have the monkey wrench.  So
does anyone have a source for the missing elements or even a list of what I
need to source somewhere. I do not remember what all should be there. I
would like the kit to be complete though. A new bag or wrap is needed as
well as a new tie down strap in the trunk. Any help on identifying the parts
I need to bring my  tool kit to spec and to have a much better tool pouch
and strap?

Now about that foot man loop thing. I have all the pieces for that for sure,
but the strap that hooks to the trunk deck lid when up is about toast. I
need to replace the material used if available. What have other done to
replace the strap material? Seems like leather would be best but not OEM for
sure. So any help as to what or who I am looking for?

Now, I need some panel clip information as well. Were clips used to hold the
drive and passenger kick panels in place? If so, what and where do I get
those?  Ditto for the center metal soft top enclosure panel upholstered
piece. Are there any others I need? Our shop manual is bereft of info on
fasteners like these.

Tomorrow I will be reinstalling the soft top frame and hinge pieces. I have
a new soft top for it.  New stuff for the hard top as well. And some 15 inch
wheels all around. Lots going on.

Thanks for any help any and oal of you can send my way. Catch me and I will
treat to an RC Cola and moon pie.

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.