[Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger AC Ace Clutch Slave Cylinder - new

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sat Oct 1 13:02:01 MDT 2016

                Every cylinder like that has a max bore diameter or a limit as to how many times you can rebuild a cylinder.  I’m not sure what that max bore is but it would be interesting to know.   It would save a lot of rebuild time knowing that.   When the max bore is reached only a sleeve will restore the cylinder; probably easier to buy a new cylinder at that point.

                Also all those aluminum cylinder bores have to be polished to a near mirror finish to work correctly.   I forget what grit I used; I remember 600 and 800 and I know I have 1200 but I don’t recall if I used the 1200.  It’s around 40 years ago I did the cylinders on my Tiger.

Ron Fraser