[Tigers] Mk 1A Water Pump

Rob Hogan robertdhogan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 21:36:35 MDT 2017

My C5AE-8505-C water pump has seized while it was in storage for 34 years
and it is going to be extremely difficult to find a rebuilder in the SW
Michigan area.  I have determined that the critical dimension is 4.875"
from the rear mounting surface to the front hub's face.  Finding a
replacement pump isn't as easy since this dimension isn't given in sales
info.  Potential replacements are the Gates 43072 and the FlowKooler 1680.

Does anyone know if these pumps measure 4.875 from the rear mounting
surface to the front hub's face?

Rob Hogan