[Tigers] 6-figure Tigers

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Jul 27 11:05:06 MDT 2017

Yet a rather decent (and the only recent) Tiger just sold for only $55,000
on Ebay.  There are thirteen sub - $85,000 Tigers that were "Completed
Listing's" that didn't  sell. Of those thirteen there were four that didn't
sell and they were under $50,000 three near the $35,000 range.  So, if every
really nice Tiger was worth at least $100,000 I'd think the $50,000 and
under cars would be snapped up, fix up and sold for a tidy profit - and that
does not seem to be happening.  While it may be nice to see Tigers getting
respect after languishing for so long the "stated" prices seem to be
analogous to the Hunt Bros. and the silver market.

In the end if you like your Tiger (and want to keep it) the "what is it
worth" means nothing.  And with higher selling prices come higher parts
prices, especially for harder to procure parts.  So, as the saying goes, "Be
careful what you wish for."  For me I'd rather see the Tiger remain "one of
the best kept secrets" rather than a speculator's "next great investment."