[Tigers] MY New Steering Wheel and Adapter install...

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Tue May 9 14:08:17 MDT 2017

Has hit a fairly significant issue.  When the adapter is in place and being
installed I kept thinking that the rod that holds the sliding part of the
column locked in place after adjustment looked way too long. Yup, it
protrudes in the horn button area by about 5/8 inch.  The adapter spline and
fitment otherwise looks great. But I need to find an expander bolt that I
can add a few more threads to and then cut to fit under the born button assy
when it is installed.   That expander bolt is the one that goes right down
the center of the sliding column piece and then when tightened  locks the
fixed and sliding column parts in place. An alternative is to maybe add
ab9ut ¾ inch to the top of the adapter to space the horn button out enough
to clear. I might be able to do that easier than finding the expander bolt,
lol.

In any case, be aware that this is not a simple R&R, Sunbeams being what
they are.  Wheel looks great when temporarily held in place

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile