[Tigers] Distributor continued

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Fri May 26 16:14:06 MDT 2017

You are correct. The hex drive shaft for the oil pump is not lining up with the distributor. There are no timing issues with the oil pump so just rotate the hex shaft as needed (it is a guessing game – a little this way, a little that way). Whatever you can get down on the shaft will do.  Just be careful not to lift the shaft (which has been known to happen if you use a socket on a long extension). Otherwise you will then have to get the shaft back into the oil pump.