[Tigers] Distributor continued

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Fri May 26 16:36:31 MDT 2017

Stu

                This is one of the times you need patience.

The oil drive is a hex shaft and you have a helical distributor drive gear.

You need to turn the oil drive hex shaft slightly then try installing the distributor into the position you started.

The other side of this problem – you can still get the distributor turned to get the timing correct; it will just be a different position.

The correct position for the distributor is with the vacuum canister pointed nearly straight ahead.   I have seen many that are 1 tooth off.

Ron Fraser