[Tigers] Distributor continued

Tony Lang achd73 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 17:49:30 MDT 2017

Stu...I hope this also post to the Tiger List, if it doesn't please notify the owner that everything I post, Tiger and Alpine bounces. I will appreciate your help. As for the distributor, it is why I always get it pointing at number one on compression. I can't tell you why but it falls back in. I have had the same problem as you and you just have to rotate the rotor and therefore the shaft. When you removed it, the shaft turned some. Look at the gear and see the teeth aren't straight up and down, so it has to rotate as it comes out/goes back in. I have thought I would go nuts, I have even put it in and rotated all the plug wires one hole on the cap. I was young then and as I have gotten older, not much smarter. I think you understand what I'm saying. You have the rotor button pointing to the place you removed the dizzy but you have to rotate it one flat on the bottom--- oil pump drive on end of shaft and then it will go back in the same way you removed it. I'm glad you took it out so now if another owner has the same problem you can help them. Let us know it is back in.Have a great memorial weekend.TonyTony Lang (TtT)