[Tigers] Engine Idle Question

Joe Brown jbbrown1980 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 15:31:20 MST 2019

Me again,

I'm starting up my engine now and it seems to run fine but only if I keep
the RPMs up above 2000.  I have an Edelbrock AVS2 500CFM carb on an
otherwise stock engine.  I have the distributor vacuum  advance plugged
into the metered vac port on the carb and all other vac ports are plugged.
The is a manual choke carb and I have the choke closed when I start the
engine.  After running the engine for a few minutes if I try to open the
choke the engine dies.

So, I'm looking for ideas.  How long do I need to let the engine run before
opening the choke?  Is the timing causing the need to run at high RPMs?  I
haven't tried to adjust the timing yet.

Thanks,
Joe Brown