[Tigers] Idle problem

Joe Brown jbbrown1980 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 16:22:38 MST 2019

OK, I've pinpointed the problem.  The spacer I was trying to use is a Ford
part that was on the Ford 4V intake that was on my car when I got it.  I
now have an Edelbrock intake and after taking everything apart and looking
at it closely it is obvious that the Ford spacer will not work.  The sides
are a little wider than than mounting surface of the intake and it leaves
enough of a gap on both sides to suck in a lot of air.  It looks like I
will need to get an Edelbrock spacer to make this work.  I could run it
without a spacer but raising the carb up makes more room for the various
hoses.

Thanks,
Joe Brown