[Tigers] Rootes Paint code 86

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Dec 26 19:48:35 MST 2019

I’m glad someone else likes the color (86) too. There are blues (I believe 60’s-70’s Renaults), VW used a burnt orange not to long ago that seem to fall into a similar, slightly altered from the norm appearance as 86. To each their own for preference though I doubt 86 was a failed attempt by Rootes to replicate BRG. I’m thinking either they were trying to be different..., or they got a great deal on the color.

Regarding my comment about NTSC (National Television Standards Committee) because of the way old school TV worked it was often joking referred to as “Never Twice (the) Same Color.