[Tigers] Edelbrock Carbs (carb cleaning 101)

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Sat Dec 28 17:25:30 MST 2019

I have Edelbrock’s on three of my cars. I find the accelerator pumps go bad rather fast. And for those that detest removing Holley pump diaphragms from the bottom, well the linkage to change the accelerator pump on the Edelbrock is even more frustrating. Sadly it is just the little cup on the end that goes bad but Edelbrock only sells the whole accelerator pump with the stem etc. and it is $15+, far more than those on a Holley.  I believe there is a Marine version and from what I’ve read that accelerator  pump is “suppose” to last longer.

If you have a fuel filter between the electric fuel pump and the carburetor try replacing that. I know you said there is fuel to the carb, but was that based on hearing the fuel pump run?  I’ve had cars that ran a week or so prior have the sediment in the fuel filter solidify because it was not “churning” like it was with daily use.