[Tigers] Booster Issue

Will Seay Tigers at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:20:44 MDT 2020

Joe,

This probably isn't the cause of your problem but I thought I would mention
it just in case.  If your booster has just undergone a rebuild by you or
someone else it may have been reassembled incorrectly.  Ask me how I know.
There's a horseshoe-shaped piece, made of spring steel, that acts as a
spring to the two valves in the booster.  It's shown (poorly) in edge-view
in Figure 10 of the workshop manual as item no. 30 - "Valve springs".  If
it is installed upside down, the valves will not close as they should and
the brakes will lock up after one application.
Good luck

Will - 382001570
Tigers at embarqmail.com