[Tigers] Several items: door clips and door check rivet

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 10:27:47 MDT 2020

I got the plastic sleeves for my Alpine when I restored it.  They seemed to
work.  But it's been 25 years.  I don't know why Sunbeam used different
sized holes for the bottom clips of the door panel.  But my door
definitely had factory plastic inserts when I got it, and the holes along
the bottom were bigger to use the sleeves.  This was a very late 1967
Alpine, with the non-peaked headlight rims and license plate lights on the
bumper.

On the door strap mount, on that same Alpine, it was some sort of rivet
type of thing.  I ended up replacing it with little aluminum nut and bolt
that had very flat heads.  The nut was not a nut but basically a screw head
with a threaded hole in the center.  They are readily available at the
hardware store.  But, the aluminum wears out.  So I later replaced it with
a real bolt and lock nut - and I filed down the nut and bolt head to be
very thin.  So far that's working fine.