[TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 09:04:54 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/24/2007 7:57:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jimhearn1 at comcast.net writes:

To  adjust the valves on my '74 TR6, I need a way to turn the engine  over.
Short of removing the radiator, I don't see a way to get to the front  of the
fan to do this.  Any ideas for another method of getting the  motor to go
around slow enough?

Jim,
My experience is not TR6 specific, but I have found that with the  plugs out
and the car out of gear, pulling on the fan belt, or using a socket  and large
ratchet on the alternator  nut while pressing in on the belt  works well for
me.I've used this method on my TR3, my Stag, and my XJ6.
Mike Moore