[TR] A living testament :)

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 12 12:10:23 MST 2007

As it grew dark tonight, I found myself travelling home through a quiet village close to Birmingham
in the UK.
Waiting at the somewhat long red light, I noticed the building alongside was a fine example of old
English house-building with an open timber frame and ancient bricks as an infill to the whole. I
noted with interest that along the eaves of the roof, the owners had mounted a number of small
imitation Christmas trees in wall brackets that were angled outwards at about 45 deg. Moreover, each
tree was adorned with very small white lights that oddly looked a little dim.
The traffic lights went from red to green and back to red as the queue of cars moved slowly forwards
and as I halted for the second time, I was directly outside the imposing oak front door. Peering up
at the house to double-check if the Christmas Tree lights really were as dim as they appeared, my
attention was drawn to a circular blue plaque above the door on which was written in small white
letters:

"Birthplace of Joseph Lucas. Automotive and Marine Lighting Engineer"

Honest!

Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation