[TR] tr-3 rear leaf springs

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 20:17:51 MDT 2008

listers,
I'm restoring a tr-3 and just purchased a pair of rear leaf springs.
When they came one spring had two approx. 2" X 3" steel pads attached to the
spring by the center bold that holds the leaves together.  The other one had
those pads missing.  I know that tr-3 springs for at least some time were
differant "rates" between passenger and drive side.  probably driver side the
stiffer one.  I'm wondering if these pads were on the driver side? does anyone
know more about this?
also.....I have the leaves apart and am cleaning them
up.  is it recommended to paint between leaves before re-assembling? or just
heavy grease?
thanks for any help.
gary nafziger
wellman, iowa