[TR] tr-3 rear leaf springs

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jul 27 22:07:44 MDT 2008

> I know that tr-3 springs for at least some time were differant
> "rates" between passenger and drive side.

News to me; all I knew about was the spacer.

> I'm wondering if these pads were on
> the driver side? does anyone know more about this?

Nope, spacers go on the passenger side.  Since the spring passes under the
axle, the spacer lowers that side of the car.

> also.....I have the leaves apart and am cleaning them up.  is
> it recommended to paint between leaves before re-assembling?

I painted mine.  Seems like it helped keep them from rusting again quite as
quickly, but I can't prove it.  Also coated them with grease (after the
paint dried) and followed the book recommendation of smearing some used oil
on them at each chassis service.

Randall