[TR] Nitrogen in Tires

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 2 12:06:59 MDT 2008

> Yes.  Nitrogen is marketed in dry form, making it convenient to buy.

However, what the tire places use is not packaged dry nitrogen, but whatever
their "nitrogen generator" puts out.  I couldn't find a spec for how much
water these things remove; but I see on Ingersoll-Rand's website that the
output is only 95% pure nitrogen.
http://air.ingersollrand.com/IS/modelComp.aspx/item/21147

If it only removes 75% of the oxygen impurities in the input, perhaps it
only removes 75% of the water as well?

Also from IR's site:
"Now, Ingersoll Rand offers you a choice. You can use nitrogen, not ambient
air, to fill tires with the new Nitrogen Tire Inflation System."

"Creating a new source of revenue for your business."

Randall