[TR] Block wedges

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Aug 18 21:16:37 MDT 2009

Oddly enough I was working on a TR6 motor earlier today.  The gasket set
had rubber blocks instead of wood or cork.   I prefer the old time wooden
wedges and a can of WellSeal - so it goes.

Whatever material they are a bit of a pain and take more time than you think
to get them installed.  As a bit of insurance, a bit of RTV silicone
slathered
on the inside of the joint helps the sealing.  I said a "bit" not half a
tube.  I've
worked on too many engines where some previous person thought that if a
little is good, more will be better.

mjb.