[TR] Block wedges

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 19 09:27:06 MDT 2009

> I made my own oak wedges, <snip>
> The wood I used was dry and hopefully won't shrink because I coated it
> with
> the sealer.

Oil will get into the wood and keep it from shrinking anyway.

> Next step is installing the front plate.
> Thinking of using the yellow 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive on
> the
> block side of the front plate gasket,

If you really feel the need to glue the gasket into place, Permatex High
Tack does that and is easy to clean off next time, as well as easy to clean
off any squeeze-out.  Aviation Permatex will "glue" it on too, though it
dries more slowly.  If you just want to add a sealer to the gasket, Hylomar
will be fine.

Karl