[TR] TR3 backing plates & shoe hold-down

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Aug 20 12:22:33 MDT 2009

Hello List:
Just completing a rear axle swap in my TR2 project and have salvaged
a TR3 axle I had in my parts lot. It has 10" brakes. The backing
plates have a small threaded post held by a nut on the rear of the
plate. The manual indicates that the brake shoe hold-downs are
through a hole in the backing plate using a spring and pin combo
similar to North American cars.
Does anyone have an idea on the threaded peg arrangement for holding
down the shoes?? They have little felt collars on them as well. Just
wondering what I need to complete the hold down arrangement with these pegs.
Thanks once again for any help with this.

Angelo Graham