[TR] TR4A jack handle storage

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Wed Oct 19 13:55:48 MDT 2011

> "but the factory spare tire cover came with two metal clips in which the
> original jack handle
> was held ... if your car came with a scissors jack instead of a pillar jack
>
> Chris, assume you referring to the fiber board cover.  Correct?
> Interesting as I did not know they had clips

Yes, I mean the fiber board cover. I think that this changed over the years; my
67 has the clips, but photos from earlier cars seem not to have them, and the
factory parts manual doesn't mention them, either! (And my factory book shows a
"stepped" spare tire cover, a la the TR250/TR5, which is kind of strange in
itself.)

I was surprised to learn a while ago that some 4As shipped with pillar jacks
(TR4-style) instead of scissors jacks; that might have something to do with the
differing arrangements.