[TR] Feelings about paint types

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Wed Oct 3 17:46:40 MDT 2012

All,
My '56 TR-3 is in need of a respray.  It was last done in 1991 with RM
Diamond paint system.  Although not original type paint, I was very pleased
with the looks of the finished product.  I took the car to a shop last week
and they recommended a base coat clear coat system.  Said it would look much
better and will hold up better.  I have mixed feelings about a new paint
system on a 56 year old car.  I've kept most everything original but it will
never be a concours car.  Any experience or views on the subject?  I haven't
seen a TR with a new clear coat system on it.
TIA
Pete