[TR] Feelings about paint types

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed Oct 3 19:35:33 MDT 2012

You will get all sorts of opinions on this, I personally think a single
stage looks more original, and that a base coat clear coat looks a little
too shiny wet.  It is certainly more of an eye catcher on the show circuit.

I know most of the modern shops swear by it, I am just a very amateur
painter/restorer, but I also look at the basecoat/clearcoat as more
steps/more opportunities for something to go wrong in the paint process.

But it is very much a personal choice/preferance.

Greg Lemon