[TR] Crap ,,,

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat Jul 20 17:15:43 MDT 2013

For oil to go to the water and not the water to the oil, it would
have to be the oil line to the rocker shaft (hole next to stud hole)
that's leaking into the water gallery.  The crack doesn't look to
extend to that hole, so it's possible that the clamping force on that
section of the head gasket wasn't quite enough to keep those
separated.  There's a chance that trying Randall's glue / solder thin
copper wire onto the head gasket might work if you put it around the
oil feed hole.  I'd give it 50% or so of working if you can get full
torque on that stud, but it only costs you a head gasket and some man
hours to try - versus pulling the engine and replacing the block.  If
it were me, I'd give it a shot.

If I had the engine out of the car and had access to a better block
I'd go that route instead.

Cheers, Tony D