[TR] LED headlight conversion

Allan Stults acstults at hushmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:55:09 MDT 2022

I like what I read about these lights.  Does positive/negative ground
have any bearing here?  My '62 TR 3 still has positive ground and I
have no intention of changing that.

Allan

On 11/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, "Christopher A Kantarjiev"  wrote:I recently
dug through the current offerings in this space, and decided
to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam LED units, made by
Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the idea of fitting an
entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment and heat issues
associated with LED capsules in H4 housings.

Also, I was replacing sealed halogens, not an H4, so I would have had
the expense of decent E-code housings anyway.

I couldn't be happier with how they went in and how they work. No fan.

Big heat sinks on the housing. Easy/direct electrical connection. I
opted for "modern white" but you can get "old skool yellowish white"
too :-)

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Round_6

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html