[TR] generator vs alternator

dave northrup dave at ranteer.com
Thu Jul 6 07:25:10 MDT 2023

Recently picked up a 59 TR3 which has an alternator conversion.  Since the engine was separate, I have no idea how well the generator works or if at all.  It is still in the engine compartment, wires connected (unlike the engine).  how can I test it?

Given the current availability of LED lights, and since I have no interest in installing a radio, should I try to keep the current setup (little joke there) or go back to a generator?

Are there wiring diagrams for this car with a generator?