[TR] TR6 dimmer switch

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Mar 24 05:52:50 MDT 2023

 Indeed.  To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw, we are two peoples separated by a common language.  On your side of the Atlantic you use the terms "Main Beam" and "Dip Beam."  Over here we use "High Beam" and "Low Beam."  This use of "Low Beam" leads us to use the term "Dimmer Switch" suggesting that the light output is "lower" and hence "Dimmed" even though the light output is essentially unchanged.  The main difference is the change in the illumination pattern.  "Dipped" is a much more accurate term.

Dave