[Vintage-race] Torque wrench recommendations?

Scott Cypher srcypher at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 16:27:53 MST 2008

All I can say you can/have to calibrate zero torque on it.

So it should be more consistent than my clicker torque wrench.
Unless you have a set of standard torques to calibrate to, you are
always at risk of being "wrong".  So I'm only as good as the design,
which I will assume is more accurate and consistent than my "clicker"
wrench.

So if it was designed correctly, and you zero it out, it should be
accurate (given the user's technique).

I zero out my electronic calipers, but they may be innacurate as
well.  But at least I no longer strip those little tiny gears on my
old dial calipers...

Thanks

-Scott Cypher
spitfireracer at xsmail.com
SCCA #37 HP Spitfire 1500 #362573
Reading, PA
http://gallery.me.com/srcypher#gallery

1971 Spit MkIV/1500 RaceCar
1971 TR6 TBD
1976 TR7 Street
1968 GT6 Vintage

"I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.
Its the excitement only a free man can feel.  A free man at the start
of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain"