[Vintage-race] Torque wrench recommendations?

Rick Gurolnick neotoyrick at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 20:23:25 MST 2008

OK - I think I got it:

First of all, I'll be the first to admit that I got my money's worth
out of the Craftsman torque wrench.  Fully amortized indeed. I did
take good care and unloaded it to zero after every usage.
Occasionally did "compare" its results to other torque wrenches more
than "calibrated" it.

1) Get another 1/2" click type just for the lug nuts where +or- 5lbs
accuracy isn't critical.

2) Something more precise - like a Snap On Dial for engine and more
critical tightening and torquing.

3) Survey trusted mechanics (an oxymoron?) for brand and model
recommendations.

4) Go to Sears just for entertainment value!  ;-)

BTW - a quick Googling of torque wrench has a lot of resources,
including an interesting Snap-On You Tube video:

	http://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=6ghgA1dA5RU

	replace the (dot) with .

Thanks again - and  . . .  favored brand and model recommendations
still welcome.

Rick