[Vintage-race] torque wrench

Dave Mapes dmapes at erols.com
Tue Dec 2 17:19:03 MST 2008

Your Sears actually stocks nails?  That hasn't been the case in the DC area
since I was about 6.  I don't really blame Sears for moving production off
shore, that was the only way they could see to compete with Wallmart, Lowes,
Home Depot, and (yea) Harbor Freight etc...  As long as trade and tax policy
allow/reward that tactic, retalers large and small will have to balance
price against sales against quality and 7 times out of 10 (if not more) go
over seas. In the mean time the cost will continue to be the loss of good
paying manufacturing jobs and overall US manufacturing capability.

>Here's a true story:  I went into the hardware  section of a large Sears and
>asked one of the young sales  staff for a nail set.  He said they only sold
>nails in boxes.
>
>Best--Michael Oritt

All the Best!  Dave
Sr. Software Engineer/Requirements Manager/Systems Assurance Analyst
Aging Racer & Thumb Pound...er...Rule Engineer
http://www.lamehorseracing.com