[VTR] The value of a list

Joe Laurito trglory at comcast.net
Mon Dec 10 11:13:13 MST 2007

Dave is right on target. Many years ago there was also a list on this server
for newsletter editors (don't know if it still exists). It was not specific
to any club or car type, but it only dealt with items of interest to
newsletter editors. When our local club gave me the job, I had no idea what
I was doing so I joined the list. Didn't learn much because there was no
traffic....wasn't even sure I was subscribed. Finally, I introduced myself
and asked a question and the help came flooding in from people and places I
never heard of. In short order, I was pumping out newsletters like a pro.
After a while, the list went back to sleep until the next person piped up.

That was a lot of years ago but it's just as important to me now. I'm
starting to act a lot like Andy Rooney and short term memory isn't as good
as it used to be. Things work much better when the message comes looking for
me.

Joe Laurito
Liaison for Central PA Triumph Club

In a message dated Sunday, December 09, 2007 9:36 AM, Dave1massey at cs.com