[VTR] Shift Light

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Tue Jan 29 14:26:25 MST 2008

When I was doing serious autocrossing, I had a shift light installed on my
Spit and it worked pretty well.  Since in an autocross the driver is very
busy cranking on the wheel, the light is a nice warning to let him know when
to shift without taking the time to look at the tach (even if it is
working).

But Ihave not seen any of them that are not as you put it "Tacky"!  They are
all very large in order that the light is easily visible.  There are
electronic tachimeters available with built in shift lights.  So if your
tach is not working, you might find one that fits into your current mounting
hole.

Joe C.