[WPTA] Fabulous Fall Foliage Frolic

Ed Major ejmajortr3a at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 14:38:11 MDT 2014

Fabulous Fall Foliage Frolic
by Bud Osbourne
On Saturday, October 18, we’ll be taking a leisurely drive along secluded back-roads, through the Laurel Highlands.  It should be pretty good leaf-viewing weather by then…….maybe a little cool and even damp.  But, we’ll go, unless it snows!  The route will include some of the same roads enjoyed by PVGP’s Countryside Tour, in July, only we won’t have to fight the heat.
We will meet for a late breakfast at 10 AM at The Springhouse, on route 136, in Eighty-Four ($9.95 for all you can eat breakfast buffet, including coffee, juice or milk).  After grabbing a QUICK breakfast, we will QUICKLY get organized into our tour groups and hit the road.  Stragglers will be left to the mercy of the natives!
We’ll make a stop in Ohiopyle, which is such a beautiful place to visit, at this time of year, before moving on to our primary destination: historic Fort Ligonier.  This historic site, in which WPTA’s own Brad Mooney played a prominent role in the restoration of, offers self-guided or guided tours for $10 per person.
Leaving Fort Ligonier, we’ll take a fairly short (by Bud standards), back-roads drive, before arriving at our dinner destination: the Ligonier Country Inn, at Laughlintown,  where we can relax in their cozy bar (great beer selection), before heading to the dining room for dinner.   After dinner, you can either spend the night in one of the rooms at the Inn (between $125 and $140 per night), or you can head home, if you like.  Either way, you will have a great time enjoying great old cars on great, winding, tree-lined roads along with a bunch of good friends . . . similar to our club’s old slogan, come to think of it.
To help us for and accommodate our group, I will need the courtesy of an RSVP from all who will attend.  Email me (please) at: abcoz at hky.com .  Or you can call me at: 412-855-9969.  Rooms are in somewhat short supply, due to a wedding being held nearby, but you can call the Inn at: 724 238 3651 for reservations.

Bud Osbourne
abcoz at hky.com
412-855-9969