[WPTA] Tr3

Jack Shilling jack.shilling at comcast.net
Sat Dec 9 06:23:14 MST 2023

Hi Hugh. Just one more observation…. I agree completely with Tom and Bob but would add that in my case, I bought a 1958 TR3A a few years ago that had been totally restored and won two National First Place AACA Awards In 1996 and 2004. I paid 40,000 for this beauty.  My assumption was that this was very drivable and relatively trouble free.  I wanted to drive this car, not show it. I love TRs and drove them as my only car for many years. But I never had a 3.   Rust was a big problem with my 4A, but I drove it anyway, snow tires and all. Back to the restored 3A, even though I paid up to get a “restored” version, it has taken considerable time and effort to get it totally drivable, which it is now. And boy is it fun to drive.  Unfortunately, show cars are not necessarily good drivable cars. My advice is just what Bob and Tom have said.  Try to find one in good shape, but don’t expect that it will be reliably drivable without some TLC and a few additional bucks.
Jack

Sent from my iPhone