[Zmagnette] Gas tank photo

Arch Boston arch.boston at twc.com
Tue Dec 3 19:39:38 MST 2013

This is the way the parts book says the gas tank should be set up.  However, my Magnette doesn't have the banjo nut on the top of the tank for gas line.  My tank has a rubber hose located approx 1 1/2 inches under the large rubber filler tube for gas line that goes to the fuel pump.  This afternoon I replaced the fuel pump ( which was a waste of time and energy).  Disconnecting the fuel line from tank should have spilled out a bit of gas.  Nothing.  Blowing into gas line I could hear air entering gas tank....  Filter not clogged ( if there is one).  So....  The pickup tube in the tank must be loose/goofed up.  Has anyone replaced/ repaired this pickup?  Hate to go in completely blind.  Arch

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fLg6x6Q8Qk0/UdR7VQ9MbYI/AAAAAAAADIs/ecq6w4bKdGk/s640/2013-07-02+Magnette+gas+tank+refurbish+017+

Sent from my iPad