[Zmagnette] Gas tank photo

charles durning durningcharles at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 05:11:23 MST 2013

Arch,

It is possible to fix that pickup tube.  The tube should be soldiered or
brazed in place.  A creative radiator shop should be able to remove the
tube and then install a new tube.

 Another option is to abandon that pickup and have a radiator shop install
a threaded bushing (a drain fitting from a radiator is exactly when you
want) in the top of the tank.  the position should be like the picture.
>From there you can attach a tube to a fitting.  Be sure to cut the bottom
of the tube at a 45 degree angle and also keep the tube at least 1/4 inch
from the bottom of the tank. If the tank has the screen filter be sure
to position the new draw tube so it mates up with the screen.

While that tank is out it will be worth while to clean out any rust or
accumulated guck.

Charlie Durning

If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watching.