[Zmagnette] Stub stacks

John Park jpark at bmts.com
Wed Nov 13 17:33:58 MST 2013

Depending on length it can produce a much smoother flow, some say a bit of a
ram effect which increases power and torque . Longer stacks as in longer
runners means more torque while shorter ones mean more power.  Not lots, but
it all contributes to a freer flowing intake which helps your freer flowing
exhaust to make a bit more power/torque and slightly better fuel economy.
You note vintage racers usually have anywhere from2.5 to 6 inch stacks. Some
with a stocking for a coarse filter, most just hoping nothing of consequence
enters the throat. I have a set of 2.25 inch stacks in my 3.25 inch K&N's on
my MGB and they seem to help. Just the ho hum stock setup on my Magnette.